When your loved ones are stuck in bed due to age, illness, surgery, or other reasons, it is natural to want to help them make the best of the situation. While their lives may look quite different from the lives of people who are healthy, it can be difficult to know exactly what they may want or need.
As the holiday season approaches, now is the time to start thinking of that perfect gift for them. Some of the best gifts are things that cannot be bought. There are also plenty of meaningful items you can give which will greatly benefit your loved one—like an overbed table system.
- Overbed Table and Accessories: Being stuck in bed means doing everything from one spot, which means they will want a lot of things nearby. Your loved ones will greatly benefit from having a surface from which to eat, use their laptops, and enjoy arts and crafts, with access to power outlets to charge their devices and places to store their must-haves.
- Homemade Meals: If your loved ones are unable to cook for themselves or perhaps have just returned home after a long hospital stay, they will appreciate home-cooked meals and the time you took to prepare them.
- Single-Serve Coffee Maker: Your loved ones can start to feel helpless because they are stuck in bed. Being able to make their own cups of coffee can go a long way toward helping them feel less dependent.
- Tablet: What better way to pass the time than staying connected with family and friends or watching movies, playing games, or getting online? A tablet makes these activities easier than a small-screened smartphone.
- Subscription Boxes: You can find subscriptions for everything—from flowers to snacks, to beauty products. With a subscription, your loved one gets a surprise each month. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving!
- Specialized Bedding: A weighted blanket can help soothe anxiety and stress, while moisture-wicking sheets can increase comfort and reduce the chances of pressure sores.
- Food Delivery Service: Being able to grocery shop from the comfort of their bed is easier for your loved ones with this great gift. They can order their favorite foods and have them delivered right to their houses. Plus, it’s a huge help to ensure they are receiving proper nutrition.
- Essential Oils/Lotions: Essential oils and lotions can do a lot more than make your loved ones’ homes smell nice. Different types are known to have healing properties, both physical and emotional.
- Cleaning Service: While your loved one is confined, it can be very stressful to see that the house needs some tidying but not be able to do much about it. A cleaning service can certainly help with this burden.
- Your Time: No material item can quite compare to a visit or video or voice phone call to your loved one!
If the cost of any gift is out of your price range, consider partnering up with a family member or friend to share the cost and make your loved one’s holidays fun and enjoyable. For further information about overbed tables or to order one for your loved one, please feel free to contact atHand® Overbed Table System at 440-628-9550 today or order directly online now!