Flexible, convenient, and filled with quality-of-life features, the atHand® Overbed Table System is the perfect solution for those seeking independence in the comfort of their own home. It’s ready for use in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Aging in place
- Bed rest
- Surgical recovery
- Home dialysis
Whether you’re using this revolutionary system for yourself or setting it up for a loved one, it’s important to familiarize yourself with all its features. With this guide, you can take full advantage of everything the atHand® Overbed Table System has to offer.
The atHand® Overbed Table System is designed for maximum convenience. Everything is within reach, meaning you don’t have to put a strain on your body to get what you need. It has the following features at your fingertips:
- Overbed tray – The main overbed tray table rotates to exactly where you need it and is capable of comfortably carrying up to 100 pounds of weight.
- LED light – The overhead LED light is fully adjustable and is touch-on-touch-off for easy operation in the dark. Three lighting levels mean you can use it for reading or for a nightlight.
- USB and power outlets – No need to get out of bed to charge your devices—the atHand® Overbed Table System features both USB and power outlets right in the table, with cord pass-through so there are no tripping hazards.
- Storage space – One open shelf and a drawer allow ample storage for items you need at hand and tucked out of sight.
- Repositioning handles – Handles located on either side of the unit make repositioning the table easy, even from a sitting position or with frail hands. These handles also double as hooks for extra hanging storage.
- Stability – An extra-wide wheelbase, large caster wheels, and sturdy construction mean stability in all conditions and on all types of flooring.
Operating your atHand® Overbed Table System correctly is essential to ensure the safety and comfort of the user. When setting up the system, both caregivers and patients should keep these tips in mind.
It’s important to note that the atHand® Overbed Table System comes in two different orientations: one for right-handed setups, and one for left-handed setups. While technically it can be used on the opposite side to what’s intended, you won’t be able to access storage and power features as easily. Make sure you consider this as you order.
Adjustment and Locking
Although the tray table can be rotated on the fly, height adjustment should ideally be done by the caregiver before the unit is put into place over the bed. Adjustment is possible afterward, although you risk objects falling off the unit and injuring the person in bed.
Preventing movement of the system is also possible, thanks to two lockable wheels at the base of the unit. Once the system is in place, simply push the wheel tabs into the lock position to secure it.
One of the best things about the atHand® system is its versatility. If you need more space or functionality, its modular design makes extending easy. Available accessories include:
- Open shelf baskets
- Trash bins
- Cup holders
- Extra open shelves
- Extra drawers
- Smartphone and tablet cradle stands
The System That’s Designed for You
No matter what you need it for, the atHand® Overbed Table System is there for you. Offering more unique features and conveniences than any other system on the market, it puts everything within reach and ensures your bed recovery is always fast and comfortable.
Order your overbed table now and take advantage of our free shipping to mainland USA. If you need further help with your table or any other information, don’t hesitate to call us at (440) 628-9550.